GM Tech ApS introduces a new circular solution for resource identification/Urban Mining
GM Tech is a knowledge-based company, sister company to Gamle Mursten ApS, which performs testing of old bricks for recycling. The company takes brick samples from old buildings to be demolished, and based on the samples, a thorough test for pressure, frost and water absorption is carried out at our audited laboratory.
If the bricks can be pre-approved according to CE quality requirements, the demolition tender shall be drawn up in such a way that the bricks are not destroyed. In collaboration with Gamle Mursten, we collect the bricks after demolition at no cost to the developer.
The bricks can be included in an Urban Mining agreement, where the bricks, after cleaning and quality assurance, are stored in a brick warehouse until they need to be delivered back to the building site for a new building.
In order to enter into an agreement, the following must be met:
- Written agreement for brick removal and testing, cost to be borne by developer.
- Written agreement for collection of material at no cost, based on photos/possible inspection of the material after demolition (to ensure that it is neither crushed nor mixed fraction) and of course prior environmental screening/clean-up
- The tender text for demolition must include conditions for careful demolition and sorting, and the material must be loaded onto lorries at no cost to Gamle Mursten ApS.
GM Tech ApS can assist with identifying quantities of bricks in buildings and calculation of CO2 savings by recycling.
Main points of the model:
- Tender text
- Cleaning of bricks/CE marking/brick warehouse
- Final document with CO2 savings on the total quantity.
With this new circular model, we hope to make the choice of recycling old bricks a knowledge-based decision, from demolition to CE marking and delivery to new beautiful buildings, either directly to the same building site or for the benefit of others who want to build sustainably.
Furthermore, we refer to the EPD and the declarations of performance at www.gamlemursten.dk.